11 Best Haunted Houses in NEPAFeatured — By ghetman on October 8, 2009 at 10:18 am
With Halloween season creeping up, everyone is on the lookout for a haunting and harrowing experience to enjoy. Let our guide to the best haunted houses, trails, and hayrides in the Electric City and beyond help you find a great Halloween destination this month.
- Dracula’s Forest- A Northeast PA classic, this haunted hayride runs every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night in October.
- Psychic Theater- located in the famous Houdini Museum on North Main Avenue in Scranton, Halloween is the perfect time to visit the world-famous Psychic Theater. Featured on the Discovery Channel, Biography Channel, and BBC, the theater guarantees you’ll leave having experienced at least one paranormal phenomenon.
- Horror Hall-Walk through 17 rooms for a night of thrills and chills. The West Nanticoke hotspot has been a Halloween staple for more than 20 years, and is sure to leave you scared out of your mind!
- The Haunt on South Irving- Lighting up October 16, one of the most chilling displays you’ll find anywhere!
- Gravestone Manor- Describing itself as “Pennsylvania’s most unique haunted house attraction,” Gravestone Manor promises a Halloween-themed theatrical presentation like none other. With the much-anticipated debut of their 2009 production, the scares are better than ever!
- Brokenhearts Asylum- Presented by Screamin’ Deamons and the Harvey’s Lake Fire and Ambulance Company, come to the Dallas Fairgrounds for a self-guided haunted tour.
- Night Terrors- In a new, larger location this year in the East End Center, Kidder Street, Wilkes-Barre, Night Terrors has become one of the area’s favorite haunted spots offering a mix of computer control and live action scares.
- Exeter Park Volunteer Hose Company “Trail of Terror”- Located in Wyoming Avenue in Exeter Borough, the annual Trail of Terror makes a return once again. Open every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday through Halloween, Dusk to 11 p.m.
- Trail Of Terror- at the Y.M.S of R Park, on Kane Street in Scranton. Take a guided walk through some of the most frightening woods in Northeast PA! October 17, 23, and 24, Open 7 to 10:30 p.m.
- Haunted House- at St. Ann’s Basilica, Scranton, in the Shrine Center basement. One of the region’s best-loved haunted venues makes a return once again this Halloween season. October 23 and 24 , Open 7-9 p.m.
- Haunted House- October 25 at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Rectory, Chestnut Street, Dunmore. Come and see one of Bucktown’s most historic- and scariest-homes. Open 7 to 9 p.m. $3 donation. Proceeds benefit Ryan Michalczyk Memorial Fund.